We are committed to providing resources for parents who value signing with their children. Our sign language dictionary includes over 400 common signs including the top starter sings for your baby. For each word, there is a video, diagram, and teaching notes to make learning new signs easy. Many of our signs include free downloadable ASL Flashcards to help reinforce the signs taught in our series.
Summer in Sign Language
Learn how to sign summer. Is summer your favorite season?
1. Bring one hand up to the forehead. Extend your pointer finger and tuck the rest of the fingers into the palm.
2. Draw the pointer across the forehead a couple of times, bending it in each time you cross the head.
3. This sign is like you are wiping some sweat from your forehead! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Draw an outdoor scene full of things you find in the summertime. What do the trees look like? What does the sky look like? Are there animals to be seen? Fun things to play? Talk about the picture together while practicing the sign for summer.
- Learn sign language fast by signing and talking about favorite things! Try this sentence, “In the summer, we love to _______!” Take turns with your child talking about favorite summer activities and signing summer each time. You can add in other signs you know such as swim, ride bike, run, etc.
Summer. Use your finger to wipe the sweat from your forehead, because it sure gets hot in the summer. Sign it with me. Summer!