Sunday in Sign Language
Learn how to sign Sunday. Sunday is often a family day or a day to rest and play.
1. Hold both hands out in front of you with the palms facing out and the fingers up. Place the hands so the thumbs are near one another.
2. Circle both hands out and go around a couple of times.
3. Sunday is a happy day and your hands circle in a happy motion. Use this cue to help you remember the sign.
- Look at a calendar together. Where are the Sundays? Point to each day that is on a Sunday and practice the sign.
- Song games for kids help reinforce concepts. Sing through the days of the week and sign each one as you go. You can also line children up and assign them a day of the week. When that day gets sung and signed, the child steps forward and takes a bow, does a little dance, spins around, etc. and then steps back into line.
Sunday. Put your hands up, palms out, and circle them. Sunday! Sign it with me. Sunday!