We are committed to providing resources for parents who value signing with their children. Our sign language dictionary includes over 400 common signs including the top starter sings for your baby. For each word, there is a video, diagram, and teaching notes to make learning new signs easy. Many of our signs include free downloadable ASL Flashcards to help reinforce the signs taught in our series.
T in Sign Language
Learn how to sign the letter T!
1. Hold one hand in front of you in a fist shape, palm facing out.
2. Tuck the thumb up in-between the pointer and middle finger.
3. T is for tuck! And you have to tuck your thumb between the pointer and middle finger to make this sign. Use this cue to help you remember the sign.
- You can create simple alphabet games for kids while you are doing your everyday reading together. Use a straw or a chopstick as a pointer. Read a book together and point to the letter T whenever you see it in a word. To make this a bit more challenging, find only the upper case Ts or the lower case Ts.
- Take the game on the road later in the day. While out running errands, b a T detective and find the letter written on signs, items for purchase, etc.
This is the sign for the letter T. Make a fist, but tuck your thumb under your pointer.T.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)