Bear in Sign Language
Learn how to sign bear in ASL (American Sign Language). A bear is often a favorite companion, a main character in a beloved children’s story, or a must-see at the zoo. Wherever you run into these furry creatures, you’re going to want to know how to sign bear!
- Cross your arms and touch hands to shoulders (left hand to right shoulder, right hand to left shoulder).
- Keep fingers open, palms down, so they look a little like claws.
- Scratch your shoulders with your bear claws!
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign bear in ASL
- Use this sign wherever bears are found. Find a favorite stuffed bear to sign to and cuddle, sign the word bear when you read books such as “Goldilocks and the Three Bears”, or go looking for bears in zoos.
- Sign language can be a tool used in fun learning games for kids. For instance, sign “bear” and then ask your child to name all the things they know about bears.
- Have some fun with facial expressions with this sign. When you sign “bear” make a bear face and a growl, or maybe you have a friendly bear! Integrate the sign into creative play.
Cross your arms and sign bear?