G in Sign Language
Learn how to sign the letter G in ASL.
1. Bring one hand up about chest height. Extend the pointer and thumb out so they are parallel to one another. Tuck remaining fingers into the palm.
2. The hand rests in front of you so the pinky is parallel to the floor and the pointer and thumb are on top.
3. This sign looks a little like a gate. G for gate! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Games for learning the alphabet make the ABCs a breeze. Practice making the sign for the letter G. Come up with three words that start with G. For
instance, Great-Goat-Goofy! Say each word and sign the letter g each time to
reinforce the beginning sound and letter.
- Sing the ABC song frequently and sign along. Even the littlest toddlers can catch on to their alphabet this way.
This is the sign for the letter G. Use your thumb and your pointer to make a G.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)