Hat in Sign Language
Learn how to sign hat – you can use the sign for hats meant for all kinds of weather!
1. Bring one hand up to your head, palm flat, fingers pressed together.
2. Tap your head a couple of times.
3. This sign looks just like you are patting a hat on your head, or showing where the hat goes. Use these visuals to help you remember the sign.
- Basic sign language for babies can start with everyday items they use – such as clothes! Each time you don a hat, be it a winter hat or a sun hat, you can practice the sign together. This is also a very simple sign to do, so baby is likely to catch on quickly.
- Make a silly hat! Using a basic ski cap or plain baseball cap (available at most craft stores), decorate it with stick-on foam shapes, googly, eyes, etc. Practice signing hat while you create.
Pat your head right where you put your hat. That’s an easy one.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. The file contains a few color and black-and-white options. Print according to your needs.)