Home in Sign Language
Learn how to sign home – a very special place, indeed!
1. Touch all fingertips on one hand to the tip of the thumb.
2. Gently touch the corner of your mouth and then the top of you cheek (near your ear) with this hand.
3. This sign shows where you eat and where you sleep! Use this visual to help you remember the sign!
- Learning sign language at home is easy when everyone is involved! Play a little game with your family at dinner. Start this sentence, “In our home we love to _______”. Sign home each time and see what each family member comes up with. Extensions of this might include, “In our home, we never________!” Or, “My favorite thing about our home is _________!” You may be amused or surprised by some of the answers!
- Have your child draw a picture of your home. Encourage them to make observations about the house and the yard and see how they can create them on paper. Have her talk about her drawing and practice signing home as she tells you all about what’s in her picture.
Home. It’s where you eat and where you sleep.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)