Music in Sign Language
Learn how to sign music in ASL (American Sign Language). We think music is one of the most important things in a child’s world!
- Bring one arm in front of your body, the elbow is bent and rests near your waist and the forearm is held straight.
- Bring the other hand up in almost the same position, except with the second hand you are going to bend your elbow
- Back and forth so the forearm swings over the first arm.
- This sign looks like you are conducting music. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign music in ASL
- What kind of music can you make at home? Gather creative materials for some home made instruments and strike up the band!
- Learn sign language words with music! All of our videos have accompanying music. Play the music in the car and practice the signs as you go. It’s a great way to fill the hours on a long trip!
Music. Bring your arm out in front of your body and swing your other hand back and forth like you’re conducting music. Music!
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. The file contains a few color and black-and-white options. Print according to your needs.)