Peach in Sign Language
Learn how to sign peach in ASL (American Sign Language). This yummy summer fruit is a favorite!
- Bring one hand up to your cheek, fingers outstretched.
- Brush your hand down your cheek, lightly touching fingertips together at the side of the chin.
- This sign looks like your cheek is the peach and you are feeling how soft it is. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign peach in ASL
- Offer two or three healthy fruit choices, including a peach. Ask your child which she prefers, demonstrating the sign for each (use our dictionary to find a few more!). Then ask her to sign back with her preference.
- Activities for children that also encourage making healthy choices are a great way to practice sign! Go through a grocery store circular and choose several kinds of produce to try that week (include peach for this activity!). Learn the sign for each and then head to the grocery store to do some shopping and continue to sign.
Peach. Pretend your cheek is a peach. Feel how soft that peach is! Peach.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)