Police Officer in Sign Language
Learn how to sign police officer in ASL (American Sign Language). This community helper has a very important job!
- With one hand, make a C-shape. Press all your fingers (except your thumb) together and curl forward. Also extend your thumb, slightly curled. The shape between the thumb and pointer now looks like a C.
- Bring that C-shaped hand up to over your chest and tap.
- This sign looks like you are showing the police officer’s special badge. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign police officer in ASL
- Teaching children about the special jobs police officers do can help them feel safe and know where to turn if there is trouble. When out and about, point out police officers on the job and talk about what they are doing to keep people safe. Sign police officer each time.
- Learning for kids using literature is always a great way to go! Find children’s books that have friendly police officers in them, such as “Officer Buckle and Gloria”. Enjoy the book together and sign police office whenever you see one in the illustrations.
Police officer! Make a C and show the police officer’s badge! Police officer.