Rooster in Sign Language
Learn how to sign rooster in ASL (American Sign Language). Can you crow like a rooster too?
- Extend the middle finger, pointer finger and thumb and tuck the ring finger and pinky into the palm. (This is also the sign for the digit three in ASL).
- Place the thumb on your forehead.
- This sign looks like you are showing the comb on top of a rooster’s head. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign rooster in ASL
- Why does a rooster crow? How does a rooster move (can it fly?)? What else do you want to know about roosters? Find some information in a book or on the Internet and learn together. Sign rooster as you learn!
- Animal games for children are great fun! Assign each child a different barn animal and teach the signs for each. When you sign an animal, the child assigned steps forward and makes the sound the animal makes (crow for rooster, moo for cow, etc.) and mimics the sign back to you.
Rooster! Make a three and put your thumb on your forehead! Looks just like a rooster’s comb. Rooster!