Smart in Sign Language
Learn how to sign smart in ASL (American Sign Language). What are some things you are really smart at?
- Bring one hand up to your forehead, palm towards you, and fingers slightly outstretched.
- Touch the middle fingertip to your forehead and then rotate the wrist out and away from you.
- When you’re smart you take the knowledge in your head and use it! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign smart in ASL
- When you praise your child, try to use concrete attributes like: smart, strong, brave, etc. to establish a strong sense of self. Sign the attributes to reinforce how proud you are!
- There have been lots of smart people on earth! For older learning activities for kids, choose an inventor and have your child study the person. Then ask her to tell you all the ways the inventor was smart!
Smart! Swing your middle finger up from your forehead showing how smart you are!