Early Childhood Educators
Signing with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers
- Get free GUIDES for early childhood educators
- See a VIDEO of a school-wide Signing Time program
- Download free CRAFTS and activities
- Get RESEARCH on signing with infants and toddlers
- Resources for Early Childhood Educators
- Resources for K-6 Teachers and Schools
- Activity Pack: Strollin’ – Nature Signs
- Activity Pack: Insect ABCs
- Activity Pack: Outside Signs
- Activity Pack: Farm Animal Signs
- Activity Pack: Awesome Animals
- Activity Pack: Potty Time Success Chart
- Article: Using Sign Language to Teach Reading
- Article: Learning ABCs with Signing Time Reinforces Core Curriculum
Baby Signing Time Preschool and Child Care Program
Why sign with Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers?
Signing with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers will help you be a more effective teacher – and bring an element of fun to your daily routines and lesson plans.
Signs allow children to:
- tell you what they want – without getting frustrated
- let you know if they are hurt or sick
- express their feelings
- learn to get along with others
When signs are used in your infant and toddler program or preschool center, there are fewer incidents of tantrums, hitting, biting, and other types of aggression. In addition to creating more peaceful learning environments, signing helps you address the learning styles of all the children in your care. When signs and words are used together, auditory learners hear the word, visual learners see the sign, and kinesthetic learners can use their hands to make the sign.
Research shows that infants and toddlers who use signs learn to talk sooner. They have larger vocabularies and use longer sentences when they start talking. And they feel more secure and confident. In addition, studies have found that preschool children who were taught signs as a part of their reading instruction scored higher on standardized reading tests.
Preschool SCIENCE Program
Why use sign language to teach science?
Signing supports visual, auditory, AND kinesthetic learning.Rachel & the TreeSchoolers incorporates the best elements of Schoolhouse Rock, Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street to deliver a well-rounded preschool science curriculum for ages 2-6. Teach SCIENCE with songs and sign language. Rachel & the TreeSchoolers introduces foundational science concepts in a way your students will never forget. This series teaches kids about seasons and weather, plants and photosynthesis, animals and habitats, health and safety, earth science, and much, much more!