Balloon in Sign Language
Learn how to sign balloon in ASL (American Sign Language). Learn how to sign balloon and watch your child’s eyes light up with this favorite plaything.
- Bring two closed fists up to your mouth.
- Make a blowing sound and shape with your mouth as you expand your hands.
- It should just like you’re blowing up a big imaginary balloon!
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign balloon in ASL
- Get some real balloons to practice with while learning this sign. To create interactive games with children, alk about the different sizes, shapes, and colors you see with the different balloons. Each time you talk about the balloon, make sure to sign the word balloon too!
- Balloons should not be used with very young children who still put everything in their mouth, and should always be used with supervision with any child. A popped balloon is a big choking hazard, so while you can have lots of fun wit this sign, remember, safety first!
- Balloon. Put your fists in front of your mouth and then pretend you’re blowing up a balloon! Your hands show the balloon getting bigger and bigger. Balloon. Now remember, blowing up balloons is for grown ups, OK? Sign balloon.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. The file contains a few color and black-and-white options. Print according to your needs.)