Cool in Sign Language
Learn how to sign cool in ASL (American Sign Language) and use it in all sorts of weather!
1. Bring both hands up about chin height, palms facing you.
2. Bending at the wrist, wave your hands towards your face a few times.
3. This sign looks like you are trying to fan yourself to cool off. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign cool in ASL
- Preschool games and activities are often based on the theme of seasons. Just talking to your child about what they know and observe goes a long way too! In which season is it cool? What’s the opposite of cool? In which season is it warm? Use signs to support the conversation.
- Make a fan to cool off! Give your child a blank piece of paper and let them color on it to their heart’s content. Then accordion fold the paper to make a fan and cool off. Sign as you go!
Cool. Your hands are like fans cooling you down. Cool. Sign cool.