Cow in Sign Language
Learn how to sign cow in ASL (American Sign Language) and have some fun with this favorite farm animal.
1. Make a “y-shape” with one hand. Do this by extending out the pinky and thumb, and tucking in the rest of the fingers.
2. Bring the thumb of that hand up to your forehead and twist forward at the wrist a few times.
3. This sign looks like you are showing a cow’s horn. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign cow in ASL
- For kids, learning can be most powerful when real world experiences are integrated. Where can you see real cows? A farm? A petting zoo? Go visit and practice you sign!
- Sing the classic childrens’ song “Old MacDonald” together and practice the sign for “Cow”, not only each time you say cow, but each time you moo-moo-moo as well!
Cow! Make a Y and put it up on the side of your forehead like a cow’s little horn. Can you sign cow?