Diaper in Sign Language
Learn how to sign diaper in ASL (American Sign Language) nice and early! You’ll have many chances to use it with your baby and toddler –every time it is time for a change!
- Bring both hands up near your hips.
- Tuck your ring finger and pinky into your palm. Extend middle and pointer finger and bring them down to touch your thumb a couple of times.
- This sign looks like the Velcro or pin snaps that attach a diaper. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign diaper in ASL
- Teaching sign language to babies is easy when you have a few basic signs you can use many times throughout the day. Start with diaper as one of the first!
- Diapers may be a bit stinky – but they can be fun too! Have some fun doing a diaper dance with your little one and sign “diaper” as you dance!
Close two fingers and your thumb right at your diaper. Diaper.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. The file contains a few color and black-and-white options. Print according to your needs.)