Dry in Sign Language
Learn how to sign dry in sign language! You’ll find many opportunities to use it as you go.
1. Bring one hand up to your chin, pointer finger extended and the rest of your fingers tucked in.
2. Drag the pointer finger across your chin, crooking it slightly in as you go across.
3. This sign looks like you are drying something messy off your chin. Use this visual to help you remember the sign!
- Preschool games and activities around opposites are very important. Play a little game at the water table or with a bin by soaking some items and leaving others dry. Ask your child to sort the wet and dry items and practice the sign as she goes.
- Have your child help out with simple washing chores. You can spray down the table and have him wipe it dry, or put clothes in the drier and let him push the button to make them dry. Practice the sign each time!
Dry. Your finger drys off your chin. Dry!
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)