Excited in Sign Language
Learn how to sign excited ASL (American Sign Language) and let your joy show!
1. With both hands, spread out all five fingers and angle your middle finger down a little bit so it is away from the rest of the fingers (but keep it still straight, no bend).
2. Alternate brushing both middle fingers on your chest a couple of times.
3. This sign builds on the sign for “Feelings” – it’s like lots of happy feelings bubbling right out of you! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign excited in ASL
- For kids, learning about their feelings is an important part of growing up! Ask your child what makes them excited and practice the sign together… especially when you get to do that special activity!
- When you’re looking at books together, talk about the character’s emotions. When you see one that is excited, practice the sign.
Excited. Remember feelings? Well, this is excited. It’s a lot of feelings!
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. The file contains a few color and black-and-white options. Print according to your needs.)