Fine in Sign Language
Learn how to sign fine to talk about feelings and actions that are A-OK.
1. Bring one open hand up to the middle of your chest, with you thumb pointing towards you.
2. Tap your thumb on your chest a couple of times.
3. Alternately, You can point to yourself first and then sign fine. This means “I feel fine” or, “I am fine”.
- Signing for children is often a good way to help them learn to express their emotions. “How do you feel?” “I feel fine!”. Practice the sign for fine as you talk about the feeling.
- Sometimes the opposite of fine is feeling sick! Play doctor with stuffed animals and have some feel sick and some feel fine. Practice the sign as you go.
Fine. Or I am doing fine. Open your hand and tap your thumb on your chest. Fine! I am doing fine. First point to yourself and then sign fine. I am doing fine!