Puzzle in Sign Language
Learn how to sign puzzle in ASL (American Sign Language) – you can start with playing with simple ones and work up.
- Make two fists and hold them palm down in front of you. Extend the thumbs out and point them down slightly.
- Circle the hands forward.
- This sign looks like you are using your thumbs to push puzzle pieces into place. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign puzzle in ASL
- Create your own puzzle! Using a photograph or a drawing, glue the picture onto some thick paper, such as card stock. Cut it out into puzzle pieces and try to put the picture back together. Sign puzzle as you re-create your picture!
- Puzzles games for children can help reinforce learning concepts. Offer puzzles in line with the theme you are teaching and encourage children to sign not only the word puzzle, but other vocabulary words you’re learning too.
Puzzle! It’s like you are holding puzzle pieces and putting them in place! Puzzle.