Skirt in Sign Language
Learn how to sign skirt in ASL (American Sign Language) – who do you know who likes to wear a skirt?
- Bring both hands to the hips and rest the edge of the palm there while you extend your fingers out.
- Draw the hands down and away from the body.
- This sign looks like you are showing the shape of a skirt. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign skirt in ASL
- Make a skirt for a doll or stuffed animal friend. What can you use to create one? (Examples: fabric, tissue or toilet paper, small towels, etc.) Practice the sign for skirt as you create!
- Art games for children help you reinforce sign language. Choose a female character from a favorite book that wears a skirt (preferably one with some cultural significance!) and provide a photocopy of the character. Have your child decorate the skirt either with marker or by gluing craft supplies down. Sign skirt as you go!
Skirt! Your hands follow the shape of your skirt. Skirt!