Soccer in Sign Language
Learn how to sign soccer. Do you like to play soccer?
1. Hold both hands up on front of you. The fingers are pressed together and the palms are flat and at an angle.
2. Bump the top of one hand up against the bottom of the other hands a couple of times. (This is also the sign for kick!)
3. This sign looks like you are kicking the bottom of a soccer ball. Use this cue to to help you remember the sign.
- Play a game of family soccer! How will you organize? Mom and Dad against the kids? Boys against girls? Something else? Have fun and practice your sign for the game too.
- Turn soccer games into educational games! Kick the ball around and practice a skill. For instance, counting. Kick the ball to one child and shout ONE! Then the child kicks to the next child and shouts TWO and so on.
Soccer. Your hand kicks at the bottom of the other hand. Soccer. It’s also the sign for kick. Soccer!