Sweater in Sign Language
Learn how to sign sweater in ASL (American Sign Language). Nice and cozy!
- Bring both hands up to the sides of your head and hold them in a fist shape.
- Bring the hands straight down all the way to your waist.
- This sign looks like you are pulling a sweater over your head and all the way on. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign sweater in ASL
- Have a silly sweater party. You could buy silly sweaters, but you can also make them too. Visit a second hand store and get sweaters that are very inexpensive. Then decorate them to wear to your silly sweater party! Sign sweater while shopping, creating, and celebrating!
- Make counting games for children using everyday objects like sweaters. For instance, you could draw the outline of a sweater and then decorate with dots. Then ask your child to count the dots on the sweater. Ask her to give you a full sentence such as, “I count _____ dots on the sweater!” Sign sweater and count.
Sweater. Pretend you’re pulling on a sweater! Sweater.