Sweep in Sign Language
Learn how to sign sweep. Even a small child can begin to learn to help with this chore!
1. Hold one hand flat with the palm up.
2. Take the other hand and also hold it flat, but turn it on its side so the pinky faces down.
3. Sweep the second hand over the palm of the first hand a couple of times.
4. This sign looks just like you are sweeping something away. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Teach your child how to sweep. Depending on how old she is, you can use the regular broom, a child-sized broom, or even a dustpan and duster broom! Sign sweep and then show her how to do the same with the cleaning tools.
- Make teaching sign language a part of everyday activities – it becomes a game by using the sign, and the chore will become less of a chore and more of a fun activity!
Sweep. One hand is the floor, and the other hand sweeps everything away. Sweep!