Table in Sign Language
Learn how to sign table in ASL (American Sign Language). You can practice it everyday when you sit down to eat or do a project!
- Lay one arm down flat, parallel to the body.
- Tap the other arm on top of it a couple of times.
- This sign looks like you are showing the tabletop. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign table in ASL
- You do many things at a table! You sit at the table, eat at the table, set the table, and clear the table! Each time you ask your child to do one of these things, reinforce the direction with the sign.
- Create preschool learning activities with a table – drape a large sheet over the table and turn it into a puppet stage, a tent, or wherever their imagination takes them. Show your child how everyday objects like a table can become a thing of wonder! Sign table as you talk about what you created.
Table! Your arms pat into a table shape.