We are committed to providing resources for parents who value signing with their children. Our sign language dictionary includes over 400 common signs including the top starter sings for your baby. For each word, there is a video, diagram, and teaching notes to make learning new signs easy. Many of our signs include free downloadable ASL Flashcards to help reinforce the signs taught in our series.
Today in Sign Language
Learn how to sign today. What will you do today?
1. Make Y-shaped hands. Extend the thumb and the pinky and tuck the rest of the fingertips into the palms.
2. Then turn the hands “upside down” so the palms face up.
3. Bounce the hands twice.
4. Today ends in the letter Y and you are emphasizing today with the double bounce. Use this cue to help you remember the sign.
- Activities for children built around the calendar are an important part of early learning. Take a look at the calendar each day and talk about today. What day of the week is it today?
- Children also thrive on routine. Try giving them an overview of the day, “Today we will ______. Then we will ______. Next we will ________. Today will be busy and fun!” You can sign today each time you say it.
Today. To sign today, make Y’s with both hands, turn them upside down and bounce them twice.