Week in Sign Language
Learn how to sign week. What do you do each week?
1. Hold one hand out, palm tilted to the inside.
2. With the other hand, extend your pointer finger and brush it across the palm of the first hand.
3. This sign looks like you are pointing across the calendar at a whole week. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Kids learning the days of the week benefit from lots of repetition. Sing a little song with every day of the week. Try this one: “Every week has seven days, see how many you can say. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. What’s today?” You can sign week, all the days, and today as you sing.
- Ask your child about their favorite day of the week. What do they like to do on that day? Sign week!
Week. Your finger crossing your palm shows the whole week. Week.