Wednesday in Sign Language
Learn how to sign Wednesday. The middle of the week!
1. Make a W-shaped hand (pointer, middle, and pinky fingers extended, the remaining fingers tucked into the palm) and rotate the wrist so the palm is facing towards you.
2. Circle the W a few times.
3. W is for Wednesday and Wednesday comes around each week! Use this cue to help you remember the sign.
- Get a little silly while teaching sign language. Have a wacky Wednesday! Dress in silly clothes, have dinner for breakfast and breakfast for lunch, and anything else you can dream up. Sign Wednesday (and silly!) while you giggle your way through the day.
- Help slightly older children learn to read and spell the days of the week by finger spelling W-E-D-E-N-S-D-A-Y and then signing Wednesday. Do this with the other days of the week as well.
Wednesday. Make a W, now turn it towards you and circle it. Wednesday.