Cake in Sign Language
Learn how to sign cake in ASL (American Sign Language) to ask for a delicious treat or celebrate a special day!
1. Bring one hand chest height, keeping flat and palm up.
2. With your other hand in the “C” position, touch fingertips to the open palm, and slide from bottom of the palm to the tips of the fingers.
3. This sign looks like you are showing a slice of cake in your hand – use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign cake in ASL
- Brainstorm with your child all the fun places they get to eat cake – and make the sign each time.
- Talk about favorite cakes together – what flavors and combination with frosting do you love? Use the phrase, “I love _________ cake” to describe your favorite and sign cake each time.
- Create activities with children in the kitchen and make a cake! Or, head outside to the sandbox for a pretend one. Let your child take the lead on creative decorations.
Transcript – Cake. With a C for cake, show a slice of cake on your hand. Mmm. Cake.