Donkey in Sign Language
Learn how to sign donkey in ASL (American Sign Language) to talk about this lovable (but stubborn!) farm animal.
- Bring one hand up to the side of your head, resting your thumb on the side of your forehead.
- Wave all your other fingers up and down a few times.
- This sign looks like you are showing the donkey’s long floppy ear. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign donkey in ASL
- Learning for kids comes alive with a good book! There are lots of stories with donkeys in them! Visit the library to find some and enjoy together. Sign donkey on each page you see one!
- Sing the classic children’s song Old MacDonald Had a Farm. When you get to donkey, practice the sign and enjoy a good loud HEE-HAW here, HEE-HAW there!
Donkey! Put your thumb on the side of your forehead and wave your whole hand like a donkey’s ear. Donkey!