Duck in Sign Language
Learn how to sign duck in ASL (American Sign Language) and have some fun with this silly creature.
- Bring one hand up to the mouth with your thumb extended, pointer and middle finger out and pressed together, and remaining fingers tucked in to the palm.
- Tap your pointer and middle finger against your thumb a few times.
- This sign looks just like you’re showing the duck’s big beak. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign duck in ASL
- Preschool learning is fun when animals and sign language are involved! Pretend to be a duck as you waddle, quack, and have a snack of crackers! Sign duck many times while you play.
- There are lots of books about ducks! Go to the library and find a couple. Practice signing duck each time one appears on the page.
Duck! It’s just like bird but with two fingers to show the duck’s bill. Duck!