Grapes in Sign Language
Learn how to sign grapes and enjoy this cool summer treat.
1. Bring one hand up about torso height, rest the arm a few inches from the
2. With the second hand, make a claw hand shape by curling your fingers
3. This sign looks like a vine (the first hand) with grapes growing up (the body, keeping it parallel to the waist area. down. Bounce the finger tips from the wrist of the first hand up to its elbow (second hand)! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Our dictionary has many of the fruits in sign language! Choose a few more in addition to grape to learn. (Try apple, pear, and orange, for instance!). Go to the grocery store and practice your signs by selecting the fruits you are signing to bring home for fruit salad.
- Try grapes in a new way – frozen! Frozen grapes make a delicious healthy snack on a cold day. Try them out while you practice the sign.
Grapes. It’s like clumps of grapes on a vine.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)