Lettuce in Sign Language
Learn how to sign lettuce – it’s a veggie that makes a lot of appearances so you’ll have many opportunities to practice.
1. Bring one hand up to the side of your head, palm in and fingers lightly extended.
2. Tap your palm on your head a couple of times.
3. A bunch of lettuce is called a head of lettuce and this sign is done on the side of your head! Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Curriculum in early childhood education should have some focus on teaching healthy eating habits. Lettuce is a great ingredient to use because it can be handled without a knife. Make a salad with your child, showing him how to tear the leaves into little bite sized pieces. Sign lettuce while you go!
- There are so many different types of lettuce, and each has a little bit of a different taste. Choose one or two different ones from the grocery store each time you go and take a family vote on the favorites.
Lettuce. You tap your palm on your head. It’s called a head of lettuce.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)