Make in Sign Language
Learn how to sign make. What will you create together?
1. Make two fists and stack them on top of one another.
2. Twist your wrists a few times.
3. This sign looks like you are making something with your hands. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Take your child to a local craft store and choose a special project to make together. Ask, “What would you like to make?” Or, scour the house for recycled materials for the project! Either way, practice your signs and enjoy the time creating together.
- Preschool learning activities that encourage verbal expression are very important. After crafting or building, ask your child, “What did you make?” and sign make. Encourage him to tell you all about his creation!
Make! Stack your fists and twist them, make! Make.