What is your name in Sign Language
Learn how to sign what is your name. It’s a great way to break the ice when meeting new friends!
1. This sign is done in three parts. First sign what by holding both hands out, palm up, and shrugging the shoulders.
2. Then sign your by pointing a flat hand in the direction of the person you are talking to and pushing it forward just slightly.
3. Finally, sign name. Press the pointer and middle fingers on each separate hand against each other and tuck the remaining fingers into each palm. Stack the pointer and middle fingers on both hands to form an X.
- Create interactive preschool or Kindergarten games for the first day of school that help children get to know one another. Pair kids up and have them ask and sign, “What is your name?” After introductions, the partners introduce their new friend to the group.
- Let your child see you model this phrase as well. As you meet new friends, sign what is your name and ask your child to sign it with you.
What is your name? Sign what. Put both hands up palm up in front of you. What. Your. Its just like the sign for my but it pushes towards the other person. Your. Name. Sign the X. What is your name? What’s your name?