Raccoon in Sign Language
Learn how to sign raccoon in ASL (American Sign Language). This creature of the night is often up to something!
- Make two V-shaped hands by extending your middle and pointer fingers out on each hand. Tuck the remaining fingers into the palms.
- Bring the V-shaped hands up in front of your eyes.
- Pull the hands down and away a little bit and close the V-shape so that the pointer and middle finger on each hand end up pressed together.
- This sign looks like you are showing the raccoon’s distinct “eye mask” markings. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign raccoon in ASL
- Get the classic children’s book, “The Kissing Hand”. This beautiful story stars a mama and baby raccoon learning a very valuable lesson. Enjoy the story together, and sign raccoon as you look at the pictures and hear the word raccoon in the story.
- Did you know raccoons often appear to wash their food before they eat it – just like we do! Create some interactive learning for kids and have your child pretend to be a raccoon and help wash some fruits and veggies for a snack. Sign raccoon!
Raccoon! Make Vs and show the raccoon’s mask. Raccoon.