Slide in Sign Language
Learn how to sign slide in ASL (American Sign Language) – wheeeeee!
- With both hands – extend the pointer and middle fingers and touch them together, tucking remaining fingers into the palm.
- Hold one hand out with the pointer and middle finger pointing away from you – this is the slide.
- Take your other hand and slide the pointer and middle finger down the first hand.
- This sign looks a lot like someone going down a slide – use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign slide in ASL
- Go to a local playground to try the slide. Are you ready for the big one or do you feel safer on a little one? Can you slide one at a time or with a friend or grownup? Practice the sign for slide as you play.
- Signing with baby is fun when play is involved. First try out the slide together and sign slide. Then move to the swings, the sand, and so on. Use all the signs you know as you move about the playground. Eventually your baby will be able to let you know where she wants to go just by offering the sign!
Slide! These two fingers slide down the others like a slide! Slide.