Watermelon in Sign Language
Learn how to sign watermelon. This delicious summer treat is always a hit!
1. First sign water by making a W-shaped hand (pointer, middle, and ring fingers held up in a W-shape) and tap it on the chin.
2. Then sign melon. Hold one hand up in a fist, palm down. With your other hand, flick the top of the first hand a couple of times, as if you were thumping a melon to see if it ripe.
3. Combined, the two steps of this sign are water + melon or watermelon. Use this cue to help you remember the full sign.
- Crafts for children help them explore their world! Make watermelon play dough! Make or purchase some red playdough. After enjoying some real watermelon, collect and wash the seeds. Encourage children to use the red dough to make the fruit and the real seeds to decorate it.
- You can also arrange the seeds into a W shape. W for watermelon!
Watermelon. You know the sign for water. Now you thump a melon. Water – melon.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)