Weather in Sign Language
Learn how to sign weather. There’s a lot to observe with the weather!
1. Make a W-shape with both hands (pointer, middle, and pinky fingers extended, the remaining fingers tucked into the palm)
2. Raise the W-hands up to head height and then pull them down in a wavy side-to-side motion.
3. This sign is like the weather (snow, rain, wind) coming down. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- A day of preschool learning often starts at circle time looking at the calendar. Track the weather together each day. Indicate on the calendar what kind of weather you’re having and sign weather together.
- Talk about the weather and the different things you do in different weather. When it is cold, what do you wear? Where do you play? What comes out of the sky? What about when it is warm. How is it different? Sign weather as you discuss.
Weather. Make W’s with both hands and wiggle them down. Weather.