Wish in Sign Language
Learn how to sign wish. What do you wish for?
1. Bring one hand up to the chest and curl the hand so all the fingertips touch the chest.
2. Draw the hand down a few inches.
3. This sign is like a wish going down to your heart where you’ll keep it safe. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- There are lots of things kids wish for. Try to channel that into activities for children where they can maybe fulfill the wishes of others. Around the holidays there are many families in needs. Different organizations have giving trees that list presents children in need will appreciate. Take your child and choose the name of another kid similar to her in age and interests if possible. Go to the store together and fulfill the wish for the child in need by getting a gift. Sign wish and talk about helping others.
- Have a little fun with wishes too. Start this sentence, “I wish for _______” and fill it in with silly wishes. For instance, wish for rooms full of candy, wish for staying up all night watching movies, wish for no homework, etc.
Wish. With a curved hand, show the wish going down to your heart. Wish. Yep. Wish. Like you’re wishing for something really special. Wish.