Snow Hat in Sign Language
Learn how to sign hat – the warm and fuzzy kind you wear in the winter!
1. Bring both hands up to the sides of the head.
2. Pull them down a few inches.
3. This sign looks just like you are pulling a ski cap onto your head. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- Learning sign language at home is fun when you get to use everyday objects that are very familiar to your child. All through the colder months, practice signing hat each time you bundle up to go outside.
- Having a bit of a battle over your child wearing a warm hat? Try to find one that is especially fun to wear. There are knit hats that have been created into all sorts of fun animals and characters. Choose one your child will love and encourage them to pretend to be that animal or character after they put it on. Sign hat along with the pretend play.
Hat. You can pat your head to show where your hat goes. Or you can show what kind of hat it is. If it’s a winter hat, the sign looks like you’re pulling a warm hat on your head. Hat. Try it with me. Hat!