Horse in Sign Language
Learn how to sign horse – this favorite farm animal is so fun to learn about!
1. Bring one hand up and place the thumb to the side of your forehead. At the same time, extend the pointer and middle finger up and fold the ring finger and pinky into the palm.
2. Keeping the thumb resting on your forehead, press the middle finger and pointer finger together and bend them up and down a few times.
3. This sign looks like a horse’s ear moving up and down – maybe swatting a fly!
Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
- When you start to sign with your baby, it is a good idea to use familiar items. Animals are a great place to start because you can see them often both in real life and in picture books. Each time you see a horse, be sure to use the sign!
- Find some plastic play horses and create a barnyard home for them. A cardboard box, some crafting grass or real straw, and a few other craft supplies are all that is needed. Sign horse as you create and play!
Bend your fingers like a horses ear. Your turn. Horse.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. The file contains a few color and black-and-white options. Print according to your needs.)