Snake in Sign Language
Learn how to sign snake in ASL (American Sign Language). Are you scared of snakes or do you think they are kind of cool?
- Bring one hand up to your mouth. Point your pointer and middle fingers forward, slightly bent, and tuck the other fingers back.
- Move your hand forward in a wavy motion.
- This sign looks like a snake’s forked tongue moving forward as it explores. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign snake in ASL
- Kids learning the alphabet can use sounds to help them. For instance, S is for snake. Say “ssssssss” and sign the letter S. Then sign snake! S for snake!
- Why does a snake have a forked tongue? What does a snake use that tongue for? Look up the answers together and sign snake… show his forked tongue!
Snake! Your two fingers move out like a snake’s tongue. Ooooo snake.