Tiger in Sign Language
Learn how to sign tiger in ASL (American Sign Language). Can you growl like a tiger?
- Bring both hands up to your cheeks and place them so the fingertips are just on either side of the nose.
- Pull the hands away and at the same time fold the fingers in towards the palms.
- This sign looks like you are showing the stripes on a tiger’s face. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign tiger in ASL
- Get some orange and black face paint and make your child into a tiger for the day. Have some fun signing and roaring your way through the day!
- If possible, take your sign language practice straight to the real thing. Is there a local zoo you can get to in order to see some tigers in action? While you’re there, sign tiger and talk about the behavior your observe. If you can’t get to a zoo, some live action video online will serve just as well!
Tiger! Your fingers show the stripes on his face. Tiger!