Yellow in Sign Language
Learn how to sign yellow. This bright and cheery color is fun to work with!
1. Make a Y-shaped hand by extending the pinky and thumb and tucking the rest of the fingers into the palm.
2. Rotate the wrist to shake the hand back and forth.
3. Y is for yellow! Use this cue to help you remember the sign.
- So many fun things are yellow! Ducks, the sun, flowers, and more. Provide crafts for children focused on one color. For instance, some yellow paint, yellow pipe cleaners, yellow buttons, and yellow scraps of fabric. Let children create their own yellow pictures in 3D!
- Go on a yellow hunt. Look around for yellow things in your world. Point them out together and sign yellow!
Yellow. Make a Y for yellow and shake it. Do it with me. Yellow.
Download the Flashcard (click on the image. Print in color or black-and-white and adjust the print size according to your needs.)