Signing Activity Suggestions
Our fans have submitted a fantastic assortment of signing activities for all age and ability groups. Check out these free activity ideas below for fun in the home, school, or in groups!
- Signing activities for babies
- Signing activities for 3- to 7-year-olds
- Signing activities for 8-year-olds and up
- Signing activities and games for groups
- Signing activities for children with special needs
Here are some downloadable pages we’ve created with more great ideas for activities that will reinforce your ASL vocabulary. Use these at home, at school, or in groups. Feel free to make as many copies as you’d like (most of these pages are full-color so be aware!)
The letters and numbers indicate which series and volume of Signing Time that the activity corresponds with – like this:
Series #, Volume # (Title of Show) – Name of Activity
- S1, V7 (Leah’s Farm) –Animals, Animals, Animals
- S1, V8 (The Great Outdoors) –Edible Critters w/ Peanut Butter Playdough
- S1, V3 (Everyday Signs) –Let’s Make Ice Cream, Word Scramble
- S2, V13 (Welcome to School) –Welcome to School
- S2, V8 (My House) –Signing Time Word Search and All Mixed Up
- S2, V9 (My Things) –Signs About Me
- S2, V10 (Helping Out Around the House) – Signing Time Chore Chart
- S1, V2 (Playtime Signs) –Use Your 5 Senses
- S1, V6 (My Favorite Things) –The Food Pyramid
- S2, V3 (Move & Groove) – Build a Paper Plate Tambourine
- S2, V7 (My Favorite Sport) – Sports Matching Game
- S1, V4 (Family Feelings & Fun) – How are you feeling? and What is the Water Cycle?
- S2, V2 (Happy Birthday) –Signing Charades Party Game
- S1, V5 (ABC Signs) –Using the Letters of the Alphabet
- S1, V1 (My First Signs) – Animal Addition
- S1, V3 (Everyday Signs) –Family Tree
- PT 123 –Study Numbers 1-10
Signing My Pets – Practice your math and animal signs at the same time.
Fast or Slow – Grab your friends and play a game with Hopkins.
Hopkins Puzzle – Cut this Hopkins puzzle apart and then put him back together.