Pants in Sign Language
Learn how to sign pants in ASL (American Sign Language) – you’ll need this sign most days you get dressed!
- Place both hands on your thighs, palms in and fingers pointing down.
- Brush the hands up a few inches while curling the fingers up.
- This sign looks like you are brushing your pant legs. Use this visual to help you remember the sign.
Teaching Tips – to learn how to sign pants in ASL
- When helping your child get dressed each morning, let him have some say in what he wears. For a little more oversight on style, you can give choices, “Do you want these blue pants or these pants with pockets?” Sign pants together while making the choice!
- Interactive preschool games can easily be created in the dress up corner. Provide pants, socks, shoes, etc that are easy to pull on over everyday clothes. Encourage children to use the sign for the item they are trying on and talk about what they will play while wearing the clothes.
Pants! Your hands brush the two pant legs. Pants!