Ready to get creative this holiday season? Here at Two Little Hands, we love to be creative! The new Rachel & Me show features kids making crafts, singing and signing – and can be found on MySigningTime.com.
Crafting with children can be fun, creative, messy, and stressful. Preparing your workspace ahead of time can help make it a positive experience for you and your child. Here are 5 tips to help you get ready to craft with your children.
- Using a plastic tablecloth from the dollar store is a life-saver when it comes time to clean up. You may want two; one for the table and one for the floor.
- Use some of your old t-shirts as craft smocks for your children.
- Wear clothes for yourself that you don’t mind getting stained by craft supplies.
- Prepare your craft space with everything you need before starting the craft. With older children have them prepare the space and help with clean up.
- Prepare clean-up supplies and have them close at hand for the unexpected messes.
Now that you have some tips to help you prepare, let us help you find the perfect craft to do with your toddler, preschooler, and elementary age child.
Crafts for Toddlers
Toddlers need more help creating their crafts. There are many fun pictures you can help them make using their hand and footprints. Here are a few of our favorite DIY Christmas crafts for toddlers. Click on the pictures to go to the Pinterest or PDF link. Have fun!
You can find other crafts for year-round fun on our Resource page: Hand-y Crafts
Crafts for Preschoolers
Preschoolers can do a little more on their own. Here are a few of our favorite DIY Christmas crafts for preschoolers.
Craft Stick Christmas Trees
Crafts for Elementary Age Children
Elementary age children can do most, or all, of the work on their own. Here are a few of our favorite DIY Christmas crafts for older children.
‘Tis the season for giving. What is better than your children giving gifts they made? Here are some fun DIY gift ideas that you can make with all of your children.
We hope you enjoy your time together as you create these fun crafts with your children!
Merry Christmas from all of us at Two Little Hands – the Home of Signing Time!